Budapest, the capital city of Hungary is one of the popular tourist destinations in Europe that invite a lot of visitors from different parts of the world. There are many things to do in the city and those who plan their trip for the first time should know more about them in detail. Another thing is that it will help to overcome any unwanted issues. The city covers many attractions for tourists allowing them to organize a trip accordingly. Budapest is known for its rich history and ornate structures that provide ways to explore them with others.
Topmost places to visit in Hungary
1. Buda Castle
Buda Castle one of the must-see places in Budapest. The castle is a UNESC’s heritage site which features a Gallery and Museum. Another thing about the castle is that it has a combination of Roman, Gothic, Baroque, and other structures spread over an area of 4.3 km square. The castle which sits at the top of the Castle Hill allows visitors to have a panoramic view of the city and river. Moreover, it looks breath-taking at night due to light decorations.
2. Budapest Pinball Museum
Budapest Pinball Museum is one of the coolest museums that enable visitors to learn more about a variety of games in detail. The museum features a past collection of all arcade and pinball games. It has become a nostalgic playground for all ages letting tourists play variety of machine games. Alternative spaces are available in the museum for hosting a birthday or other events accordingly. A non-alcoholic bar is also available at the entrance for visitors to fuel up before playing a game.
3. Hungarian state opera house
Hungarian state opera house accommodates 1200 people at a time. It even hosts great opera shows enabling visitors to witness excitement. Constructed in the shape of horse-shoe, the structure is one of the must-see places in Budapest. Guided tours are available inside the opera house where visitors can get more details about the structure.
4. Gellert Baths
Budapest is a home to several spas enabling visitors to rejuvenate their body and soul effectively. Gellert Baths has fountains of healing water that allows visitors to improve their wellness to a great extent. Anyone who wants to recover from body pains and other issues can benefit a lot after taking a bath in the fountains.
5. City Woodland Park
People who get tired of sightseeing in Budapest can visit City Woodland Park which has its entrance from Heroes Square. It is the first public park opened in 1751 and visitors can relax their mind in a clam environment which covers verdant greenery.
6. Hungarian National Museum
Hungarian National Museum is one of the must-see places in Budapest which preserve a collection of coins and other things. It even organizes several exhibitions in order to inspire their visitors. Anyone who wants to know more about the history and architecture of Hungary can visit the museum.
Travel tips to Budapest
1. Forint is the currency used in Hungary and visitors can exchange the same in banks and other places. On the other hand, one should know whether shops in Budapest approve Euro currency or not. Forint currency notes are available from Ft 500 to 20000. Similarly, the coins are available from Ft 5 to 200.
2. Even though Hungarian is the language spoken in Budapest, tourist guides speak English for communication purposes. It is advisable to learn some basic Hungarian words before visiting the city.
3. There are 4 types of public transport services M1, M2, M3, and M4 available in the city allowing visitors to reach other destinations as soon as possible. A visitor can even buy a Budapest card that can help to travel in public transport system for free.
4. The Budapest card is available for visitors up to 120 hours and one can choose the right one among them after knowing complete details. Moreover, the metro system in the city is the oldest one which offer tram and bus services for tourists.
5. It is advisable to have a travel insurance policy while making a trip to the city. This will help a lot to get high protection from thefts and other problems.
6. Visitors should take care of personal things including money while traveling to other places in Budapest. Furthermore, it gives ways to prevent robbery and other problems significantly.
7. Foreign nationals should carry a copy of their passport and visa for identification purposes in certain places. Apart from that, it helps to seek entry in important areas without any troubles.
8. Tourists should carry a medical kit, clothes, and other accessories based on the season that can help to make a memorable trip.
9. Guided tours are available for visitors and they can select the best one which exactly fit their requirements and budgets. It is a wise one to carry the city map for knowing the locations and directions with ease.
Hotel accommodation in Hungary
There are several hotels which offer luxurious amenities for visitors allowing them to enjoy a trip with family and others. Besides that, they even show ways to experience high level comforts in the accommodation process. Budget Budapest hotel is a suitable one for those who want to get excellent amenities similar to top hotels. It provides world-class services for tourists allowing them to witness complete satisfaction.
Nowadays, there are several hotel websites which offer the details of budget Budapest hotel for visitors allowing them to make a better decision. It is possible to compare the prices of hotels online that can help to book a trip in advance. Exclusive discounts are available on the packages enabling a visitor to save more money.
At the same time, it is necessary to follow the terms and conditions while booking Budapest hotel online. This will help a lot to create the best memories on a trip. Moreover, one can even focus more on organizing a tour with family and others to witness a complete entertainment.